Mr. R K Jaigopal
ME, (Civil engineering – Structural Engineering)
Started Struct Geotech Research Laboratories Pvt. Ltd., in 2003. A post graduate in Structural Engineering with 42 years of experience, he is widely respected as one of the top Bridge expert in the country. Mr. R K Jaigopal has executed Structural investigations, diagnosis of structures, execution of rehabilitation schemes, Proof checking, redesigning the structures, Engineering Study, Problem Identification, Non Destructive testing using state of the art instruments, Formulation of specifications for specialty Rehabilitation projects, Methodology of execution of rehabilitation scheme, post restoration of Non-destructive testing of structures. More than 1000 Investigations carried out for major projects across the country.
He is the key person in the company and controls all technical, contractual, financial and commercial matters. His expertise includes high capacity load testing of piles, ground improvement using stone columns, foundation design under difficult soil conditions including soft ground/ weak soils and under artesian conditions. His special interests include site investigations, pile tests and bridge investigation and rehabilitation works.
- Has been awarded IRC-medal for rehabilitation of bridge across Vrishabhavathi on Magadi Road, Bangalore.
- Expert Advisor to Bangalore International airport – all expansion works.
- Advisor to Government of Karnataka – Housing Ministry
- Advisor to Government of Karnataka – Karnataka Road Development Corporation Ltd., (PWD)
- Member of Apex committees of Indian Roads Congress – Bridge as well as Highways.
- Overseas – Expert advice for runway construction on ocean bed by dredged material-Male-Maldives.
- Carried out anchoring of floodlight foundations of KSCA- Stadium, Bangalore about 25 years back.
- Non destructive test on fire damage hall at Karnataka Cricket Stadium Association – Club House, Bangalore
- Rehabilitation of fire damaged structure at Karnataka Cricket Association Stadium, Bangalore
- Non destructive test of structural members at Karnataka State Cricket Association, Bangalore – post rehabilitation.
- Panel member for about 5 IRC (Indian Roads congress – which formulates codes for Indian bridges and roads) codes.
- He has exclusively written 2 codes,
(i) Bridge load testing IRC-51-2015 &
(ii) Bidirectional pile load testing – Annexure to IRC-78.
- Bridge load tests carried out – exceeding 1000 (its a record break)
- He is Panel member and completed revision of bridge rehabilitation code for Indian roads congress.
- He is also member in
Indian roads congress, Indian Institute of Engineers,
American Concrete Institute,
American Society for Testing and Materials,
ASTM, Indian Concrete Institute,
EC and MC Member – ING-IABSE- Delhi,
Fellow Member – Association of Consulting Civil Engineers,
Member-B-3 Committee-Foundation, Sub structure protective works and masonry structures, Indian Roads Congress,
Member-B-8 Committee-Maintenance and Rehabilitation Committee, Indian Roads Congress, Member-H-8 Committee-Urban Road, Streets & Transport Committee Indian Roads Congress.
He has published Papers in
- IRC journal – July – September 2017 – Urgent need to introduce innovative and sweeping changes in the construction of bridges in India for Accelerated progress.
- Urgent need to introduce Accelerated bridge construction techniques in IRC Journal – September 2014.
- Paper on elevated Transport Corridor published in ING-IABSE Seminar, Mysore 2014.